At approximately 2:00 AM on December 25th the OVFD responded to a fire call on Skyline Drive. Conditions were slick as a light snow and icy rain mixture fell constantly as first responders made their way to the fire call.
Upon arrival it was determined that the home, which was occupied at the time, had a fire in the chimney area near the family room. Both the north bound and south bound lanes of Skyline Drive were closed for several hours. Two occupants of the home were evacuated, along with their dog, and the fire was extinguished through the quick work of the OVFD and neighboring Mutual Aid towns.